With a new franchise QB on a rookie contract, how much has the Bears’ salary cap situation changed?
In this episode of Bear With Me, I brought on PFF’s cap wizard, Brad Spielberger, to help break down the impact the Bears’ 2021 draft had on their salary cap situation and future resources. Throughout this show we discuss...
- The dollars-and-cents value of a franchise QB
- Justin Fields’ current contract versus Mitchell Trubisky’s (aka the value of #11 vs #2)
- Teven Jenkins’ potential value at LT versus RT
- Thoughts on the Charles Leno release
- Whether or not the Bears are still in “cap hell”
- What Pace is doing right (and wrong)
- Future pitfalls the Bears will have to navigate
- Whether or not the Bears are the team to beat in the NFC North
- And much, much more...
Check out the show and let us know what you think!
What do YOU think? Did Ryan Pace fix the cap or does he need to make more moves?