Chicago Bears fans have been ready for this game since the 2021 NFL Draft, because this will be our first chance to really see Justin Fields in his #1 jersey. The Miami Dolphins were at Halas Hall on Wednesday and Thursday, and after a decent performance in that first joint practice, Fields lit it up on Thursday. Head coach Matt Nagy has already said that we’ll see Fields more than Andy Dalton or Nick Foles, so kickoff can’t get here soon enough.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Bears vs Dolphins preseason game.
When is the game?
Saturday, August 14 at 12:00 p.m. Central
Where is the game?
Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
Sunny with a high of 78°, winds form the northeast between 5 to 10 mph. (link)
How to watch!
If you live anywhere in the map below you get the game nationally on the NFL Network, and they’ll give us the game with the Chicago feed from WFLD (FOX 32) featuring Adam Amin on the play by play, Jim Miller on color, and Lou Canellis from the sideline.
According to 506Sports.com, the Chicago feed of the game will also air on the following channels.
- KPLR (CW/11 - St. Louis)
- WIFR (CBS/23 - Rockford)
- WYZZ (FOX/43 - Peoria)
- WRSP (FOX-55/27 - Springfield/Champaign)
- WSBT (FOX/22.2 - South Bend IN)
- WANE (CBS/15 - Fort Wayne IN)
- WTVW (CW/7 - Evansville IN)
- WAWV (ABC/38 - Terre Haute IN) [4 PM CT]
- KLJB (FOX/18 - Quad Cities)
- KFXA (FOX/28 - Cedar Rapids IA)
- WHO (NBC/13 - Des Moines IA)
- WISC (CBS/3 - Madison WI)
The Dolphins feed will have Steve Goldstein and Jason Taylor and will be on in the following areas.
- WFOR (CBS/4 - Miami)
- WPEC (CBS/12 - West Palm Beach)
- WBBH (NBC/2 - Fort Myers)
- WFTV (ABC/9 - Orlando)
- KHON (FOX/2 - Honolulu)
If you want to get fuboTV with plenty of sports — including the NFL Network — and local network television just click right here.
How to listen!
Traditional Radio - WBBM 780 and 105.9 FM (Chicago) with Jeff Joniak on the play-by-play, former Bears guard Tom Thayer as the analyst, and Mark Grote as the sideline reporter.
- Once it goes live this afternoon (1:00 p.m.), Sam Householder’s weekly game preview can be found right here.
- The WCG crew is predicting which Bear will be named preseason week 1 MVP a little later this morning (9:00 a.m.), and you can find that here.
- Justin Fields will “get a ton of reps” on Saturday against the Dolphins (link)
- Robert Zeglinski shares what he’ll be watching for in the game here.
- If you aren’t subscribed to the Windy City Gridiron Podcast Channel you can hit our page at Megaphone with all the subscription options — We’re available everywhere and we’re free! We’ll have recaps, previews, and so much more each week from our podcast team.
I’ve partnered up with ThriveFantasy, which is a new daily fantasy platform with a player props twist, so hit the link for a 100% instant first deposit match up to $100 for my listeners or download their app and use my promocode “TFC” to take advantage of the offer.
Click on our names to follow us on Twitter: Jeff Berckes; Patti Curl; Eric Christopher Duerrwaechter; Kev H; Sam Householder; Jacob Infante; Aaron Lemming; Ken Mitchell; Jack R Salo; Steven Schweickert; Jack Silverstein; EJ Snyder; Lester Wiltfong, Jr.; Will Robinson II; Robert Schmitz; Robert Zeglinski; Bill Zimmerman; Like WCG on Facebook.
Windy City Gridiron Podcast Channel which includes Bear With Me from Robert Schmitz, Bears Over Beers featuring Jeff Berckes & EJ Snyder, Bears Banter hosted by Bill Zimmerman, Rule of 3 with R. Schmitz, Danny Meehan, and Brandon Robinson, and the occasional T Formation Conversation from Lester A. Wiltfong Jr.; EJ also co-hosts The Bootleg Football Podcast with Brett Kollmann; R. Schmitz has a film breakdown show on YouTube titled Run Pass Opinion; Will Robinson II has his WhiskeyRanger YouTube channel, and Steven’s Streaming Twitch Channel from Steven Schweickert.