The NFL’s transaction wire had the Chicago Bears making several moves today.
The following players were all waived and will need to go through waivers as they have less than four years of service in the NFL. If any of these players are claimed they must be immediately placed on the 53-man roster of their new team.
- Tyrone Wheatley, OT
- Dieter Eiselen, OL
- Arlington Hambright, OL - 2020 7th round pick
- Scooter Harrington, TE
- Jon’Vea Johnson, WR
- Isaiah Coulter, WR
- Chris Lacy, WR
- Dazz Newsome, WR - 2021 6th round pick
- Riley Ridley, WR - 2019 4th round pick
- Ryan Nall, RB - Core special teamer in 2020
- Artavis Pierce, RB
- Daniel Archibong, DL (Partially Guaranteed Contract)
- Lacale London, DL (Injured)
- Tre Roberson, DB (Injured)
- Dionte Ruffin, CB
- Teez Tabor, CB
- Thomas Graham Jr., CB - 2021 6th round pick
- Charles Snowden, OLB (Partially Guaranteed Contract) - One of the top 2021 UDFAs
- Sam Kamara, OLB
- James Vaughters, OLB - Played nearly 400 total snaps in 2020
- Brian Johnson, K
If the Bears are looking to claim any players on waivers they sit at 20th in the wire.
These next five players were released by the Bears and are free to sign with any team at any time, as all are vested veterans.
- Desmond Trufant, CB
- Artie Burns, CB
- Marqui Christian, DB
- Mike Pennel, DT (Settlement from IR)
- Adam Redmond, C
The Bears still need to move rookie offensive tackle Teven Jenkins to injured reserve, so it’s possible one of the above player re-join the Bears.
Once the waiver wire is processed on Wednesday (tomorrow) teams can start to compile their 16-man practice squads (beginning at 11:00 a.m. CT). Six places on the practice squad can be used on veterans with the full rules found here.
To see the Bears initial 53-man roster for the 2021 season you can click here.