The Chicago Bears held their second of three consecutive padded practices at Halas Hall, and they did so with several players sitting out or limited. Here’s the full list of players that were missing or taking it easy today.
Held out with injury:
- LT - Teven Jenkins (back)
- RG - James Daniels (quad)
- RT - Lachavious Simmons (concussion)
- OT - Larry Borom (concussion)
- WR - Thomas Ives (glute)
- TE - JP Holtz (quad)
- CB - Artie Burns (quad)
- ILB - Josh Woods (quad)
- S - Tashaun Gipson (groin)
- ILB - Roquan Smith (groin)
- WR - Damiere Byrd (heel)
- RB - Artavis Peirce (hamstring)
- OT - Badara Traore (knee)
- OLB - Robert Quinn (back)
- ILB - Joel Iyiehbuniwe (hamstring)
- CB - Michael Joseph (hamstring)
- CB - Desmond Trufant (groin)
- NT - Eddie Goldman
- LB - Christian Jones
- LS - Patrick Scales
- OL - Elijah Wilkinson
- S- Eddie Jackson (hamstring) - NFI
- RT - Germain Ifedi (hip flexor) - PUP
- RB - Tarik Cohen (knee) - PUP
Veteran rest days:
- OLB - Khalil Mack
- TE - Jimmy Graham
- ILB - Danny Trevathan
- DL - Akiem Hicks
I’m not about to count all those guys up, but I did record a T Formation Conversation podcast today going through all the walking wounded and talking about some of the players that have been benefitting from the extra practice reps.
Check my show out here:
I’ve partnered up with ThriveFantasy, which is a new daily fantasy platform with a player props twist, so hit the link for a 100% instant first deposit match up to $100 for my listeners or download their app and use my promocode “TFC” to take advantage of the offer.
As for today’s practice, the defense picked off several passes and generally won the day. But here’s the awesome thing about camp this season; even with the defense standing out, the quarterbacks still had plenty of moments they shined as well. Both Andy Dalton and Justin Fields continue to do some nice things, and we’ve yet to hear about the offense having any awful moments.
Here are some Twitter highlights form the day.
On the first play of live scrimmage, the Bears have some pushing and shoving. A little added heat on a humid morning at Halas Hall.— Chris Emma (@CEmma670) August 7, 2021
Cole Kmet is having a strong camp. #Bears— Bear Report (@BearReport) August 7, 2021
Xavier Crawford picks off Andy Dalton. The takeaway bucket is out. #Bears— Zack Pearson (@Zack_Pearson) August 7, 2021
Darnell Mooney with two early drops in practice, the second of which was picked off by… you guessed it… Alec Ogletree. I believe that’s 5 INTs for Ogletree in 3 practices with the #Bears.— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) August 7, 2021
Tired: old takeaway bucket— Patrick Finley (@patrickfinley) August 7, 2021
Wired: new basketball takeaway bucket pic.twitter.com/mgfsJO9TWQ
Takeaway bucket update from Bears OLB Trevis Gipson: The switch to the basketball hoop attached to the garbage bin was short-lived. It broke, so they’re back to the blue laundry bin.@dan_bernstein @leilarahimi— Kevin Fishbain (@kfishbain) August 7, 2021
For the loyal listeners, I noted a sack for Ledarius Mack in today’s practice. https://t.co/IV6r7j31SU— Kevin Fishbain (@kfishbain) August 7, 2021
A little taste of #Bears QB1 @justnfields throwing a seed today camp. The kid is a thoroughbred. Undeniable. pic.twitter.com/26PQqhdYVO— SecretNFLInsider (@NflSecret) August 7, 2021
David Montgomery starts the live period with a long 45+ yard run from inside the five. Broke a few tackles on the play. #Bears— Zack Pearson (@Zack_Pearson) August 7, 2021
Don't sleep on DL Angelo Blackson. He just had THREE safeties in the live goal line period. The last one was shared with rookie OLB Caleb Johnson, but Blackson's penetration created it. #Bears— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) August 7, 2021
Nice throw by Justin Fields and a heck of a catch by Javon Wims over the middle. #Bears— Bear Report (@BearReport) August 7, 2021
Matt Nagy raved about Darnell Mooney, who he said is "on fire" with his route running this second season with the Bears.— Chris Emma (@CEmma670) August 7, 2021
Said Nagy: "I'm telling you, we knew in the fifth round we were getting a steal. We knew it. ... He's proven so far to be what we thought he was."
Michael Joseph just picked off Nick Foles. Jumped the route. #Bears— Bear Report (@BearReport) August 7, 2021
A Andy Dalton pass goes off Jesse James’ hands and…. Alec Ogletree picked it off. #Bears— Zack Pearson (@Zack_Pearson) August 7, 2021
Highlight of #Bears camp today: David Montgomery stiff-arming Marqui Christian into next Thursday. pic.twitter.com/XD2IqudML8— Patrick Finley (@patrickfinley) August 7, 2021
Andy Dalton connects with Rodney Adams deep for a long TD. #Bears— Bear Report (@BearReport) August 7, 2021
WCG has partnered with a few entertainment providers and apparel manufactures for special offers just for our readers!
- All the Fanatics Chicago Bears stuff can be found right here, with a Bears jersey right here, the 2021 Bears NFL Draft hat can be found here, and the official Bears draft shirt right here.
- Links to all our BreakingT Justin Fields, Bears shirts/hoodies can be found right here.
- The Peacock deal that gets you Sunday Night Football, the WWE Network, and so much more is right here.
- If you want to get fuboTV with plenty of sports — including the NFL Network — and local network television just click right here.
- You can get the ESPN+ bundle by clicking right here.
- A deal to get Paramount + can be found right here.
Looking to buy tickets?
- We’ve partnered with StubHub for all your ticket needs! Just click here to get your Bears tickets.