It’s game day!!!
The NFL’s 102nd season got started back on Thursday night with an exciting game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Dallas Cowboys, and what made that game so thrilling was the quarterbacks, Tom Brady and Dak Prescott. Brady is arguably the greatest quarterback to ever play, and Prescott has been on an incredible statistical run in his last several games.
Watching football with a legitimate field general under center is just different. Their playmaking ability and the cerebral way they can dissect a defense makes fans believe their team always has a chance to win.
This is the hope that all Chicago Bears are holding on to with Justin Fields now in the Windy City.
We aren’t going to see him open up with the ones this week, but at some point this season Fields’ journey will begin.
On Sunday night it’ll be Andy Dalton and the Bears starting offense facing off against the Los Angeles Rams’ Aaron Donald, Leonard Floyd, and Jalen Ramsey, and L.A.’s Matthew Stafford facing off with the Bears’ Khalil Mack, Eddie Jackson, and Akiem Hicks.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Bears vs Rams week 1 matchup.
When is the game?
Sunday, September 12 at 7:20 p.m. CT
Where is the game?
SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, California
Sunday night will have a mostly clear sky with a low of 62F. (link)
How to watch
The Bears will battle the Rams on NBC’s Sunday Night Football, and if you watch on NBC you’ll get Al Michaels (play-by-play), Cris Collinsworth (analyst), and Michele Tafoya (sideline reporter), and for those of you that watch on Universo, it’ll be Carlos Mauricio Ramirez (play-by-play) and Jorge Andres (analyst).
- You can catch Sunday Night Football games live on the Peacock network and you can find streaming options by clicking here.
- Paramount Plus has streaming packages that includes live sports including the NFL on CBS right here.
- If you want to get fuboTV with plenty of sports — including the NFL Network — and local network television just click right here.
- ESPN+ has ton of sports and you can get that by hitting this link.
- You can watch the full-broadcast replays of all the games, check out condensed games, and even see the all-22 coaches film at NFL Game Pass. You can sign up for a 7-day trial right here.
How to listen
Traditional radio is found at WBBM 780 AM and 105.9 FM (Chicago) with Jeff Joniak on the play-by-play, former Bears guard Tom Thayer as the analyst, and Mark Grote as the sideline reporter, and also on TUDN 1200 AM and Latino Mix 93.5 FM with Omar Ramos on the play-by-play and Miguel Esparza as the analyst.
Westwood One Sports Radio will air all Sunday, Monday, and Thursday night primetime games nationally, and you can use their finder right here to figure out where you can listen.
Ryan Radtke (play-by-play) and Rod Woodson (analyst) will call this game for Westwood One, but they’ll also have the call on SiriusXM NFL Radio Ch. 88. The local Chicago feed (Joniak, Thayer, and Grote) can be heard on SiriusXM Ch. 226. (link)
Get Tickets to the game
You can get tickets to this Bears game, but also pick some up for all the other games by checking out StubHub right here.
WCG’s Game Previews!
- Sam Householder has our Bears vs Rams preview right here.
- The WCG staff makes their Bears vs Rams picks here.
- We gave our keys for the Bears to win here.
- Patti Curl asked Turf Show Times 5 questions about the Rams here.
- And Turf Show Times asked Patti 5 questions about the Bears here.
- The Bears vs Rams injury report can be found here.
- Bears call two players up from the practice squad to face the Rams.
- If you aren’t subscribed to the Windy City Gridiron Podcast Channel you can hit our page at Megaphone with all the subscription options — We’re available everywhere — We’ll have recaps, previews, and so much more each week from our podcast team.
I’ve partnered up with ThriveFantasy, which is a new daily fantasy platform with a player props twist, so hit the link for a 100% instant first deposit match up to $100 for my listeners or download their app and use my promocode “TFC” to take advantage of the offer.
Click on our names to follow us on Twitter: Jeff Berckes; Patti Curl; Eric Christopher Duerrwaechter; Kev H; Sam Householder; Jacob Infante; Aaron Lemming; Ken Mitchell; Jack R Salo; Steven Schweickert; Jack Silverstein; EJ Snyder; Lester Wiltfong, Jr.; Will Robinson II; Robert Schmitz; T.J. Starman; Robert Zeglinski; Bill Zimmerman; Like WCG on Facebook.
Windy City Gridiron Podcast Channel which includes Bear With Me from Robert Schmitz, Bears Over Beers featuring Jeff Berckes & EJ Snyder (their BOB YouTube Channel can be found here), Bears Banter hosted by Bill Zimmerman, Rule of 3 with R. Schmitz, Danny Meehan, and Brandon Robinson, and T Formation Conversation from Lester A. Wiltfong Jr.; EJ also co-hosts The Bootleg Football Podcast with Brett Kollmann; R. Schmitz has a film breakdown show on YouTube titled Run Pass Opinion; Will Robinson II has his WhiskeyRanger YouTube channel, and Steven’s Streaming Twitch Channel from Steven Schweickert.