The Chicago Bears and the New York Giants, teams in the number three and number two TV markets respectively, will do battle on Sunday afternoon in a game that most of America won’t be able to watch. The Bears have 5 wins to New York’s 4, but with the Giants holding the Bears first round draft pick this spring, there will be no tanking from either franchise. Not that NFL teams willingly tank, but draft position is something fans are focused on this time of year, especially with two teams heading nowhere.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Bears vs Giants week 17 matchup.
When is the game?
Sunday, January 2, 2022 at 12:00 CT
Where is the game?
Soldier Field, Chicago, Illinois
A cold (a high of 21F) and windy (winds NW at 20 to 30 mph) afternoon should make for an interesting game. (link)
How to watch
The game will be on CBS with Spero Dedes and former Bears kicker Jay Feely on the call, and if you live in the blue of this 506sports.com map, then you’ll get the game.
WCG’s Bears vs Giants Game Previews!
- Sam Householder has our official Bears vs Giants preview right here.
- All WCG’s week 17 picks are here, including the Bears vs Giants.
- The final Bears vs Giants injury report can be found here.
- I was a guest on the Bears Over Beers preview podcast this week and while you start listening for the game preview, stick around for the Pizza Draft!
If you aren’t subscribed to the Windy City Gridiron Podcast Channel you can hit our page at Megaphone with all the subscription options — We’re available everywhere — We’ll have recaps, previews, and so much more each week from our podcast team.
Other Streaming options
- You can catch Sunday Night Football games live on the Peacock network and you can find streaming options by clicking here.
- Paramount Plus has streaming packages that includes live sports including the NFL on CBS right here.
- If you want to get fuboTV with plenty of sports — including the NFL Network — and local network television just click right here.
- ESPN+ has ton of sports, including Monday Night Football and you can get that by hitting this link.
How to listen
Traditional radio is found at WBBM 780 AM and 105.9 FM (Chicago) with Jeff Joniak on the play-by-play, former Bears guard Tom Thayer as the analyst, and Mark Grote as the sideline reporter, and also on TUDN 1200 AM and Latino Mix 93.5 FM with Omar Ramos on the play-by-play and Miguel Esparza as the analyst.
The Bears are favored to win!
Get Tickets to the game
You can get tickets to this game if still available, but also pick some up for all the other games by checking out StubHub right here.
Click on our names to follow us on Twitter: Jeff Berckes; Patti Curl; Eric Christopher Duerrwaechter; Kev H; Sam Householder; Jacob Infante; Aaron Lemming; Ken Mitchell; Jack R Salo; Steven Schweickert; Jack Silverstein; EJ Snyder; Lester Wiltfong, Jr.; Will Robinson II; Robert Schmitz; T.J. Starman; Robert Zeglinski; Bill Zimmerman; Like WCG on Facebook.
Windy City Gridiron Podcast Channel which includes Bear With Me from Robert Schmitz, Bears Over Beers featuring Jeff Berckes & EJ Snyder (their BOB YouTube Channel can be found here), Bears Banter hosted by Bill Zimmerman, Rule of 3 with R. Schmitz, Danny Meehan, and Brandon Robinson, Bear & Balanced from Jeff and Lester A. Wiltfong Jr., and T Formation Conversation from Lester; EJ also co-hosts The Bootleg Football Podcast with Brett Kollmann; R. Schmitz has a film breakdown show on YouTube titled Run Pass Opinion; Will Robinson II has his WhiskeyRanger YouTube channel, and Steven’s Streaming Twitch Channel from Steven Schweickert.
Our Podcast Channel is available everywhere you find your podcasts including these fine platforms.
Odds/lines subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.