The Chicago Bears have a brand new general manager, Ryan Poles, and a brand new head coach, Matt Eberflus, so the next step for the franchise is to start building the front office and assistant coaching staff. Poles has already added an Assistant GM (a new title at Halas Hall) in Ian Cunningham, who comes over from the Philadelphia Eagles.
Front Office New Hires
General Manager: Ryan Poles
Assistant General Manager: Ian Cunningham
New Coaching Staff
Head Coach: Matt Eberflus
Offensive Coordinator: Luke Getsy
Defensive Coordinator: Alan Williams
Special Teams Coordinator: Richard Hightower
Offensive Line: Chris Morgan
Assistant Offensive Line: Austin King
Quarterback: Andrew Janocko
Wide Receivers/Passing game coordinator: Tyke Tolbert
Running Backs: David Walker
Tight Ends: Jim Dray
Assistant Tight Ends: Tim Zetts
Offensive Quality Control: Omar Young
Linebackers: Dave Borgonzi
Defensive Line: Travis Smith
Assistant Defensive Line: Justin Hinds
Defensive backs: James Rowe
Safeties: Andre Curtis
Assistant DB: David Overstreet II
Assistant Special Teams: Carlos Polk
Coaching assistant: Kevin Koch
We’ll track all the news and rumors surrounding any additions to the front office and to the assistant coaching staff right here.
- The Bears have announced that their 2022 coaching staff is complete. (link)
- Bears add Justin Hinds as assistant defensive line coach and Kevin Koch as a coaching assistant. (link)
- The Bears have hired Carlos Polk as assistant special teams coach.
- Andre Curtis is the Bears new safeties coach. (link)
- The Bears have hired David Walker as their RBs coach. (link)
- The Bears announced that they have hired Tim Zetts as assistant TEs coach and Omar Young as an offensive quality control coach. (link)
- The Bears are hiring Travis Smith as their d-line coach. (link)
- The Bears have hired Austin King as their assistant offensive line coach.
- With Lovie Smith getting the head coaching job with the Houston Texans that’s another possible landing spot for the 72-year old Rod Marinelli.
- The Bears have hired Jim Dray as tight ends coach. (link)
- Possible Bears target Rod Marinelli, and mentor to Matt Eberflus, has also been linked to the Colts and to which ever team ends up hiring Rich Bisaccia as their special teams coordinator.
- The Bears have hired Richard Hightower as their special teams coordinator. (link)
- Former Bears D.C. Sean Desai is interviewing with the Giants today. (link)
- Rumored Bears target, Rich Bisaccia, is now linked to the Green Bay Packers, and with how awful their special teams has been it makes sense for Green Bay to throw a lot on money his way to entice him to join their staff. (link)
- James Rowe is the Bears new DB coach. (link)
- With the Jaguars hiring Doug Pederson as their head coach there’s growing buzz that Rich Bisaccia could be in play for the Bears as Special Teams Coordinator now, and if Bisaccia comes he could bring Rod Marinelli with him.
- The Bears officially announce that David Overstreet II is their new assistant defensive backs coach.
- Bears have hired Andrew Janocko as QB coach. (link)
- Champ Kelly has been hired by the Raiders as their assistant GM, he was previously the Bears assistant director of player personnel. (link)
- Bears have hired Tyke Tolbert as WR Coach and Passing Game Coordinator.
- The Bears have hired Chris Morgan as OL coach.
- Alan Williams is the new Bears D.C. and Dave Borgonzi is their new LB coach.
- Joe Brady has elected to head to the Bills to be their QB coach. (link)
- Thomas McGaughey is staying with the Giants as their special teams coordinator.
- Joe Brady of LSU fame is interviewing with the Bears for a spot on their offensive staff. (Link)
- Matt Nagy’s passing game coordinator/QB coach John DeFilippo is no longer listed on the coaching page on the team’s website, so could a new QB coach be added soon?
- The Bears are now linked to 4 Indy defensive assistants, including former Bears UDFA David Overstreet II who is their assistant DB coach. (link)
- The Getsy hire is official.
- Vikings QB coach Andrew Janocko may be in the mix for the same role with the Bears. (link)
- Luke Getsy is the Bears new O.C. per Adam Schefter.
- The Bears have hired Ian Cunningham as assistant general manager. (link)
- There’s a lot of Joe Brady to the Bears buzz building on Twitter.
- It’s being reported that Dave Borgonzi has joined the Bears coaching staff. (link)
- Thomas McGaughey, the New York Giants special teams coordinator, will interview with the Bears for the same role. (link)
- Various reports have the Bears talking with Pep Hamilton today (Saturday).
- The Bears will interview Sanjay Lal, the Jacksonville Jaguars WR coach, for their O.C. spot. (link)
- Josh Lucas is no longer listed on the Bears’ team site, so he’s likely no longer their director of player personnel. (link)
- Packers QB coach/passing game coordinator Luke Getsy has been offered the Bears O.C. job. (link)
- Pep Hamilton will interview for the offensive coordinator position. (link)
- Green Bay Packers passing game coordinator Luke Getsy could be in the mix for the Bears O.C. job. (link)
- Ian Cunningham to the Bears as assistant GM is picking up a lot of steam per multiple reports.
- Colts safeties coach Alan Williams or linebackers coach Dave Borgonzi could be in play with the Bears as defensive coordinator. (link)
- Rod Marinelli could be in the mix for a spot of Eberflus’ coaching staff. (link)
Lester did a recent spot on the Line For Line Podcast, and you can check that out right here.
And we’ll put anything we write on Chicago’s 2022 new hires in this story stream below.