As we do each day after the Chicago Bears play, Jeff Berckes and I record our Bear & Balanced podcast live on our 2nd City Gridiron YouTube channel. We take a breath and come at our recap show after rewatching the game and hearing what the players and coaches had to say in their press conferences.
The immediate reactions in the heat of the moment are usually a bit hot-takeish, so ours are chilled out a bit after sleeping on the game. That lets us have a balanced take on what we saw from the Bears in their 29 to 22 loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
You may want your Bears content to be full of rage or full of pandering fluff, so if that’s the case then move along, because there’s nothing here for you to see.
Tune in tonight at 6:00 p.m. CT for our latest show.
Here's a bullet point outline of our Bear & Balanced show.
- Intro: We'll both share some general thoughts about the game.
- The Portillo's Trench Tribute: This is our weekly pick for lineman of the game, and thanks to our friends over at Portillo's, we'll be giving out a $100 gift card to one lucky fan each week this season. WE GIVE $100 AWAY EVERY WEEK, SO TUNE IN FOR YOUR CHANCE! This week we spotlighted defensive end Trevis Gipson and left tackle Braxton Jones.
- Sweet Tweets: We're both active on social media — so be sure you're all following us at @gridironborn & @wiltfongjr — and we highlight one Twitter interaction/Tweet each week.
- Caught up in a numbers game: This segment has us featuring one number/statistic that we found interesting from the game.
- The Fields Report: We always talk about quarterback Justin Fields right before we take our commercial break. I know we’re talking about a low bar, but that game in Minnesota is likely the best or Fields’ young career. He was decisive with the football and he had a nice feel for the pass protection. Fingers crossed he can keep it rolling on Thursday Night Football.
- The 3 Bears: You all know the story of the Three Bears, right? In this porridge-themed portion of the show, we give our picks for the Bear that was hot, the Bear that was cold, and the Bear that was just right in the game against the Vikings. This week we had some thoughts on Teven Jenkins, Dante Pettis, Matt Eberflus, Robert Quinn, Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Darnell Mooney, and the QB1 himself Justin Fields.
Check out the video here LIVE at 6 pm CT:
2nd City Gridiron is the video home for the content creators at Windy City Gridiron, so hit the link to subscribe and help us grow that brand!
You can also listen to the podcast version here or download it wherever you get your pods:
The WCG Podcast Channel is available anywhere you get your Podcasts, including platforms such as Apple, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Audacy, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Podbean, Audible, TuneIn, and so many more!