As we do each day after the Chicago Bears play, Jeff Berckes and I come at our recap show after rewatching the game and hearing what the players and coaches have to say in their postgame and Monday press conferences. The immediate reactions tend to get chilled out a bit after sleeping on the game, which lets us have a balanced take on what we saw.
The Bears dropped a winnable game yesterday against the New York Giants, but what does that mean for the big-picture?
Tune in tonight at 6:00 p.m. CT for our latest show.
Here's a bullet point outline of our Bear & Balanced show.
- Intro: We'll both share some general thoughts about the game.
- The Portillo's Trench Tribute: This is our weekly pick for lineman of the game, and thanks to our friends over at Portillo's, we'll be giving out a $100 gift card to one lucky fan each week this season. Tune in to find out how you can win!
- Sweet Tweets: We're both active on social media — so be sure you're all following us at @gridironborn & @wiltfongjr — and we highlight one Twitter interaction/Tweet each week.
- Caught up in a numbers game: This segment has us featuring one number/statistic that we found interesting from the game.
- The Fields Report: We always talk about quarterback Justin Fields right before we take our commercial break.
- The 3 Bears: You all know the story of the Three Bears, right? In this porridge-themed portion of the show, we give our picks for the Bear that was hot, the Bear that was cold, and the Bear that was just right in the game against the Giants.
Check out the video here LIVE at 6 Central:
2nd City Gridiron is our new video home, so hit the link to subscribe and help us grow that brand!
You can also listen to the podcast version here or download it wherever you get your pods:
The WCG Podcast Channel is available anywhere you get your Podcasts, including platforms such as Apple, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Audacy, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Podbean, Audible, TuneIn, and so many more!