The Chicago Bears lost another close game yesterday, this time to the division rival Detroit Lions, but Justin Fields and the offense is doing some historic things which at the very least provides us with some entertainment.
But are the offensive gains enough to tide you guys over during this gap year? Are you getting sick of the “moral” victories? Do you still believe this franchise is on the right path? Where are you at on the two coordinators?
Jeff Berckes and I will dive into our cooled-down takes on the game at 5:10 p.m. (CT), so come join us!
Here's our usual bullet point outline of Bear & Balanced.
- Intro: We'll both share some general thoughts about the game.
- The Portillo's Trench Tribute: This is our weekly pick for lineman of the game, and thanks to our friends over at Portillo's, we'll be giving out a $100 gift card to one lucky fan each week this season. WE GIVE $100 AWAY EVERY WEEK, SO TUNE IN FOR YOUR CHANCE!
- Sweet Tweets: We're both active on social media — so be sure you're all following us at @gridironborn & @wiltfongjr — and we highlight one Twitter interaction/Tweet each week.
- Caught up in a numbers game: This segment has us featuring one number/statistic that we found interesting from the game.
- The Fields Report: We always talk about quarterback Justin Fields right before we take our commercial break.
- The 3 Bears: You all know the story of the Three Bears, right? In this porridge-themed portion of the show, we give our picks for the Bear that was hot, the Bear that was cold, and the Bear that was just right in the game against the Lions.
Check out the video here that we recorded LIVE.
2nd City Gridiron is our video home, so hit the link to subscribe and help us grow that brand!
You can also listen to the podcast version here or download it wherever you get your pods:
The WCG Podcast Channel is available anywhere you get your Podcasts, including platforms such as Apple, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Audacy, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Podbean, Audible, TuneIn, and so many more!