The Chicago Bears lost their fourth game in a row and now sit at (3-8) on the 2022 season, and if the shoulder injury to Justin Fields sidelines him, this team will be tough to watch. I'll still be in front of my TV each Sunday, as will most of you, but an offense with Trevor Siemian isn't very exciting on paper.
The Bears lost to the Atlanta Falcons yesterday, 27 to 24, and the rewatch showed a lot of just-missed-it types of plays. Football truly is a game of inches, and the Bears had plenty of chances to win. But that's been the season's story so far; missed opportunities.
Jeff Berckes and I will dive into our cooled-down takes on the game at 6:00 p.m. (CT), so join us!
Here's our usual bullet point outline of Bear & Balanced.
- Intro: We'll both share some general thoughts about the game.
- The Portillo's Trench Tribute: This is our weekly pick for lineman of the game, and thanks to our friends over at Portillo's, we'll be giving out a $100 gift card to one lucky fan each week this season. WE GIVE $100 AWAY EVERY WEEK, SO TUNE IN FOR YOUR CHANCE!
- Sweet Tweets: We're both active on social media — so be sure you're all following us at @gridironborn & @wiltfongjr — and we highlight one Twitter interaction/Tweet each week.
- Caught up in a numbers game: This segment has us featuring one number/statistic that we found interesting from the game.
- The Fields Report: We talk about quarterback Justin Fields before we take our commercial break.
- The 3 Bears: You all know the story of the Three Bears, so in this porridge-themed portion of the show, we give our picks for the Bear that was hot, the Bear that was cold, and the Bear that was just right in the game against the Falcons.
Check out the video version here.
2nd City Gridiron is our video home, so hit the link to subscribe and help us grow that brand!
You can also listen to the podcast version here or download it wherever you get your pods:
The WCG Podcast Channel is available anywhere you get your Podcasts, including platforms such as Apple, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Audacy, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Podbean, Audible, TuneIn, and so many more!