This Chicago Bears (3-8) vs New York Jets (6-4) doesn’t have the same sort of buzz the NFL schedule makers were expecting because it’s no longer featuring the number two overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, Zach Wilson, across the field from number 11 overall, Justin Fields.
Well technically, they’re still across the field from each other, but Wilson was benched and is inactive on the sideline, while Fields is inactive to rest his injured left shoulder.
You can check out ESPN’s Gamecast for live statistical updates.
- Trevor Siemian starts at QB!
- Per the Bears; “OL Riley Reiff (shoulder) is questionable to return and DB Dane Cruikshank (hamstring) is doubtful.”
- Safety Eddie Jackson left the game with a foot injury.
- The Bears trail 17 to 10 at the half.
- Darnell Mooney left the game with what appeared to be an ankle injury.
- A Bears loss coupled with a Panthers loss will move the Bears into the second overall draft slot.
In the embeds below, check out what a couple of our WCG team members are live Tweeting about during the game.
Keep in mind our open threads are all rated WCG-MA, so there may be some occasional salty language that pops up.
Here’s the Twitter feed of Sam Householder for today’s game.
And check out what Aaron Leming is Tweeting about here.
When the game ends, be on the lookout (listenout?) for Robert Schmitz’s Bear With Me post-game Podcast on the WCG Podcast channel, which is available everywhere you find your podcasts, including these platforms, Apple, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Audacy, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Podbean, Audible, TuneIn, and so many more!
2nd City Gridiron is our fun and exciting video home, so hit the link and help us grow that brand! If you’d like to support the growth of WCG’s YouTube Channel, 2nd City Gridiron, simply liking our videos and watching them all the way through does more than you’d think!