The Chicago Bears lost another one to the hated Green Bay Packers, but there wasn't quite the same sting as in previous games because when I look at the big picture for this franchise, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Justin Fields set some more records yesterday, and he's shown growth this entire season.
This roster is full of too many holes to realistically compete, so keep that in mind as Chicago closes the season out with the toughest schedule remaining on any other team in the NFL.
Look for the rostered players that will be here beyond this season for development and potential, and enjoy the ride.
At 6:00 p.m. (CT), Jeff Berckes and I will dive into our day after takes on the last game, so join us!
Here's our bullet point outline of Bear & Balanced.
- Intro: We'll both share some general thoughts about the game.
- The Portillo's Trench Tribute: This is our weekly pick for lineman of the game, and thanks to our friends over at Portillo's, we'll be giving out a $100 gift card to one lucky fan each week this season. WE GIVE $100 AWAY EVERY WEEK, SO TUNE IN FOR YOUR CHANCE!
- Sweet Tweets: We're both active on social media — so be sure you're all following us at @gridironborn & @wiltfongjr — and we highlight one Twitter interaction/Tweet each week.
- Caught up in a numbers game: This segment has us featuring one number/statistic that we found interesting from the game.
- The Fields Report: We talk about quarterback Justin Fields before we take our commercial break.
- The 3 Bears: You all know the story of the Three Bears, so in this porridge-themed portion of the show, we give our picks for the Bear that was hot, the Bear that was cold, and the Bear that was just right in the game against the Packers.
Check out the video version here.
2nd City Gridiron is our video home, so hit the link to subscribe and help us grow that brand!
You can also listen to the podcast version here soon or download it wherever you get your pods:
The WCG Podcast Channel is available anywhere you get your Podcasts, including platforms such as Apple, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Audacy, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Podbean, Audible, TuneIn, and so many more!