The Chicago Bears may not have a pick on night one of the 2022 NFL Draft, but that doesn't mean there won’t be any Bears’ related drama taking place. Chicago has a few obvious need positions they could jump on with their 39th overall selection, so every quarterback, linebacker, defensive lineman, or defensive back that is taken is one more wide receiver or offensive lineman that could fall down into the Bears’ lap on Friday.
A healthy board full of players at need positions for the Bears could also make it more likely they’ll trade back knowing they’ll still be able to get one of their guys later.
Then again, does anyone think the Bears will trade up into the first round tonight?
Here’s everything you need to know about the 2022 NFL Draft.
- Round 1: Thursday, April 28 (7:00 p.m. CT)
- Rounds 2-3: Friday, April 29 (6:00 p.m. CT) The WCG livestream will be here!
- Rounds 4-7: Saturday, April 30 (11:00 a.m. CT)
- UDFA Free For All: Saturday, April 30 (As soon as Mr. Irrelevant is announced, which will be approximately 5:30 p.m.)
How to watch/listen
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Television coverage: The 2022 NFL Draft will be televised nationally by the NFL Network, ABC, ESPN and ESPN Deportes.
Radio coverage: National coverage on Westwood One Radio, SiriusXM NFL Radio and ESPN Radio.
- Windy City Gridiron will be LIVESTREAMING the entirety of night two (rounds 2/3) for a Bears perspective on this channel here: Run Pass Opinion
- And WCG will have prospect analysis and film breakdowns for every pick on this channel here: 2nd City Gridiron
Mobile: Live NFL Network coverage of the 2022 NFL Draft is available across devices (smartphone, PC, tablet and connected TVs) through the NFL app or NFL.com/watch for subscribers of participating NFL Network providers. For more information, go to NFL.com/nflnetwork.
Selection time limits
- Day 1: Round 1 (10 minutes per pick)
- Day 2: Round 2 (seven minutes per pick) • Round 3 (five minutes per pick)
- Day 3: Rounds 4-6 (five minutes per pick) • Round 7 (four minutes per pick)
Bears current NFL Draft picks (six picks)
- Round 2: No. 39 - If each of the teams before the Bears take their full 7 minutes, that means the Bears will go on the clock about 6:49 p.m. CT.
- Round 2: No. 48 (from L.A. Chargers) - Approximate time of this selection would be 8:52 p.m. CT
- Round 3: No. 71
- Round 5: No. 148 (from Houston)
- Round 5: No. 150
- Round 6: No. 186
But I think everyone expects Ryan Poles to move back at least once to pick up some additional selections.
First round NFL Draft order (for now)
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Detroit Lions
- Houston Texans
- New York Jets
- New York Giants
- Carolina Panthers
- New York Giants (from Chicago)
- Atlanta Falcons
- Seattle Seahawks (from Denver)
- New York Jets (from Seattle)
- Washington Commanders
- Minnesota Vikings
- Houston Texans (from Cleveland)
- Baltimore Ravens
- Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami)
- New Orleans Saints (from Indianapolis via Philadelphia)
- Los Angeles Chargers
- Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans)
- New Orleans Saints (from Philadelphia)
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- New England Patriots
- Green Bay Packers (from Las Vegas)
- Arizona Cardinals
- Dallas Cowboys
- Buffalo Bills
- Tennessee Titans
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Green Bay Packers
- Kansas City Chiefs (from San Francisco via Miami)
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Detroit Lions (from Los Angeles Rams)
Our partners over at DraftKings Sportsbook has all the NFL odds and props you need right now.
Prospects attending the draft in person
Matt Corral, QB, Mississippi / Charles Cross, OL, Mississippi State / Jordan Davis, DL, Georgia / Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia / Ikem Ekwonu, OL, North Carolina State / Sauce Gardner, CB, Cincinnati / Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington / Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame / Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan, Zion Johnson, OL, Boston College / Jermaine Johnson, DE, Florida State / George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue / Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah / Drake London, WR, Southern California / Evan Neal, OL, Alabama / Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State / Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE, Oregon / Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama / Malik Willis, QB, Liberty / Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State / Devonte Wyatt, DL, Georgia
How many of these top prospects will fall out of the first round and be within striking distance of the Bears’ first selection at 39?
Windy City Gridiron Podcast Channel which includes Bear With Me from Robert Schmitz, Bears Over Beers featuring Jeff Berckes & EJ Snyder, Bears Banter hosted by Bill Zimmerman, Rule of 3 with R. Schmitz, Danny Meehan, and Brandon Robinson, Bear & Balanced from Jeff and Lester A. Wiltfong Jr., and T Formation Conversation from Lester; EJ also co-hosts The Bootleg Football Podcast with Brett Kollmann; R. Schmitz has a film breakdown show on YouTube titled Run Pass Opinion; Will Robinson II has his WhiskeyRanger YouTube channel, and Steven’s Streaming Twitch Channel from Steven Schweickert.
2nd City Gridiron is the video home to the WCG Podcast Channel and so much more too.
Click on our names to follow the WCG team on Twitter: Jeff Berckes; Patti Curl; Eric Christopher Duerrwaechter; Kev H; Sam Householder; Jacob Infante; Aaron Lemming; Ken Mitchell; Jack R Salo; Steven Schweickert; Jack Silverstein; EJ Snyder; Lester Wiltfong, Jr.; Rahul Ramachandran; Will Robinson II; Robert Schmitz; T.J. Starman; Robert Zeglinski; Bill Zimmerman; 2nd City Gridiron; Windy City Gridiron