Welcome to our first Bear & Balanced of the 2022 Chicago Bears season! Well, technically the preseason, but it is our first show recapping a Bear game since January.
If you are new to our show, we like to keep things simple with a standard list of categories (see below), and we never recap the game until sleeping on it. We allow the immediate postgame emotions to get out of the way, we go back and watch the game, and we listen to the postgame press conference, all as a way to make sure our recap has a balanced feel to it.
Here’s a bullet point outline of our Bear & Balanced show.
- Intro: We’ll both share some general thoughts about the game.
- Trench Tribute: This is our weekly pick for lineman of the game.
- Sweet Tweets: We’re both active on social media — so be sure you’re all following us at @gridironborn & @wiltfongjr — and we highlight one Twitter interaction/Tweet each week.
- Caught up in a numbers game: This segment has us featuring one number/statistic that caught our eye from the game.
- The Fields Report: We wrap up the show each week spending some time talking about quarterback Justin Fields.
- The 3 Bears: You know the story of the Three Bears, right? In this porridge-themed portion of the show, we give our picks for the Bear that was hot, the Bear that was cold, and the Bear that was just right in the game against the Chiefs.
Check out the video embed here:
2nd City Gridiron is our brand new video home, and once we hit 1,000 subscribers on that channel we’ll be sending a Bears swag box out to one lucky fan, so hit the link and help us grow that brand!
You can also listen to the podcast here or download wherever you get your podcasts:
The WCG Podcast Channel is available anywhere you get your Podcasts including platforms such as Apple, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Audacy, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Podbean, Audible, TuneIn, and so many more!