The 2022 preseason is over for the Chicago Bears, and they ended it on a high note with a 21-point first-half explosion from Justin Fields and the offense. They held on to win 21-20 over the Cleveland Browns in a second half that saw their defense make just enough plays to secure the victory.
But that first half was fun to watch on many levels.
Jeff and I pride ourselves on having a balanced approach to the Bears, but Fields was balling on Saturday night, and the overall offense in these three preseason games has us optimistic about the future.
This should be a fun show as we are debuting on the new re-branded 2nd City Gridiron YouTube channel at 2:00 p.m. (CT), so come by and say hi!
Here’s a bullet point outline of our latest Bear & Balanced show.
- Intro: We’ll both share some general thoughts about the game.
- The Portillo’s Trench Tribute: This is our weekly pick for lineman of the game, and thanks to our friends over at Portillo’s, we’ll be giving out a $100 gift card to one lucky fan each week this season. Tune in to find out how you can win!
- Sweet Tweets: We’re both active on social media — so be sure you’re all following us at @gridironborn & @wiltfongjr — and we highlight one Twitter interaction/Tweet each week.
- Caught up in a numbers game: This segment has us featuring one number/statistic that we found interesting from the game.
- The Fields Report: We always spend some time talking about quarterback Justin Fields right before we take a commercial break.
- The 3 Bears: You all know the story of the Three Bears, right? In this porridge-themed portion of the show, we give our picks for the Bear that was hot, the Bear that was cold, and the Bear that was just right in the game against the Chiefs.
Check out the video embed here:
2nd City Gridiron is our new video home — yes, that link does go to the Run Pass Opinion channel, and that’s because we’ll soon be moving our channel over there! So hit the link and help us grow that brand!
You can also listen to the podcast version here or download it wherever you get your pods:
The WCG Podcast Channel is available anywhere you get your Podcasts, including platforms such as Apple, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Audacy, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Podbean, Audible, TuneIn, and so many more!