My usual podcast partner, Jeff Berckes, is on vacation this week, so we got the host of Making Monsters, Taylor Doll, to fill in for our Bear & Balanced tonight!
She picked a great show to guest on as the Chicago Bears picked up just their fifth win of the Matt Eberflus era. The Bears dropped the Las Vegas Raiders, 30 to 12, and while the big story was the play of rookie quarterback Tyson Bagent, this was a fantastic team victory.
The running game was clicking, the offensive line came to play, and the defense put together a third consecutive solid performance.
Check out me and Taylor on Bear & Balanced here, or come hang out with us live on 2nd City Gridiron at 6:00 p.m. (CT).
Here's our usual bullet point outline of Bear & Balanced.
- Intro: We'll both share some general thoughts about the game.
- Trench Tribute: This is our weekly pick for lineman of the game.
- Sweet Tweets: We're both active on social media — so be sure you're all following us at @gridironborn & @wiltfongjr (and @TayDoll1010xl) — and we highlight one Twitter interaction/Tweet each week.
- Caught up in a numbers game: This segment has us featuring one number/statistic that we found interesting from the game.
FieldsBagent Report: We talk about quarterback Tyson Bagent before we take our commercial break.
- The 3 Bears: You all know the story of the Three Bears, so in this porridge-themed portion of the show, we give our picks for the Bear that was hot, the Bear that was cold, and the Bear that was just right in the game against the Raiders.
You can also listen to the podcast version here or download it wherever you get your pods:
The WCG Podcast Channel is available anywhere you get your Podcasts, including platforms such as Apple, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Audacy, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Podbean, Audible, TuneIn, and many more!
2nd City Gridiron is our video home, so hit the link to subscribe and turn those notifications on so you never miss when we go LIVE!