The Chicago Bears lost a close one yesterday to the New Orleans Saints, 24 to 17, to fall to (2-7) on the season, and it was another mistake-filled game from Matt Eberflus’ team. The Bears were hit with seven penalties, which was the fifth time this year they were flagged that many times. Last season the Bears only had three games with that many penalties.
Chicago also had five turnovers and zero takeaways on the day, and the last time they did that was Christmas Eve in 2016 when Matt Barkley threw five interceptions in a 41 to 21 loss to Washington.
Here’s our usual bullet point outline of Bear & Balanced.
- Intro: We’ll both share some general thoughts about the game.
- Trench Tribute: This is our weekly pick for lineman of the game.
- Sweet Tweets: We’re both active on social media — so be sure you’re all following us at @gridironborn & @wiltfongjr — and we highlight one Twitter interaction/Tweet each week.
- Caught up in a numbers game: This segment has us featuring one number/statistic that we found interesting from the game.
FieldsBagent Report: We talk about quarterback Tyson Bagent before we take our commercial break.
- The 3 Bears: You all know the story of the Three Bears, so in this porridge-themed portion of the show, we give our picks for the Bear that was hot, the Bear that was cold, and the Bear that was just right in the game against the Saints.
Check out Jeff Berckes and Lester Wiltfong on a new Bear & Balanced here, or come hang out with us live on 2nd City Gridiron at 6:00 p.m. (CT).
You can also listen to the podcast version here or download it wherever you get your pods:
The WCG Podcast Channel is available anywhere you get your Podcasts, including platforms such as Apple, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Audacy, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Podbean, Audible, TuneIn, and many more!
2nd City Gridiron is our video home, so hit the link to subscribe and turn those notifications on so you never miss when we go LIVE!