We’ve already heard plenty of speculation from NFL insiders and beat reporters over the last several weeks about who’ll end up where in free agency, and with the early negotiation period nearly here, we’ll soon have some clarification. Many deals have already been struck, which is why there will be a plethora of breaking news Tweets fired off at 11:00 a.m. (CT).
The Chicago Bears have done a little work in the last few weeks by releasing defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad and re-signing fullback Khari Blasingame and long-snapper Patrick Scales. They also tendered offers to exclusive rights free agents Andrew Brown (DL) and Josh Blackwell (CB), and while there was an announcement from his agency that ERFA Dieter Eiselen (OL) was brought back, the team has yet to announce that move.
We’ll update this tracker as the rumors and reports start trickling in.
- We’ll have a new tracker up for Day 2 of the early negotiating period, and you can find that here once it publishes. Good night everyone!
- The Browns are signing former Vikings DT Dalvin Tomlinson. (link)
- The Bears have signed former Tennessee Titans defensive lineman DeMarcus Walker. (our story)
- Former Broncos DT Dre’mont Jones is signing with the Seattle Seahawks. (link)
- The Broncos have signed d-lineman Zach Allen. (link)
- Former Eagles OT Andre Dillard is off the market. (link)
- The Bears have signed offensive guard Nate Davis. (our story)
- The Bears have signed linebacker Tremaine Edmunds. (our story)
- Center Ethan Pocic is staying in Cleveland. (link)
- The Bears are interested in veteran center Jake Brendel. (link)
- Aaron Rodgers has NOT been traded to the Jets per Ian Rapoport on the NFL Network right now, so who knows...
- Aaron Rodgers is being traded to the Jets. (link)
- There’s some buzz starting up that the Bears could be in on K.C.’s Orlando Brown Jr. (link)
- RT Jawaan Taylor is off to play for the Kansas City Chiefs on a huge deal.
- McGlinchey has signed in Denver.
- Rumored Bears target Mike McGlinchey is expected to sign with the Denver Broncos. (link)
- Former Eagle DT Javon Hargrave is heading to San Fran. (link)
- Bears are still in on Dre’Mont Jones. (link)
- 49ers RT Mike McGlinchey talking with the Bears, and a deal could be close. (link)
- Philly OG Isaac Seumalo in play for the Bears too. (link)
- Linebacker T.J. Edwards has signed with the Bears. (our story hereLinebackerer T.J. Edwards from the Eagles is being linked as a possibility in Chicago. (link)
- It’s reported that the Bears will sign at least one of the top RTs on the market, Falcons Kaleb McGary, 49ers Mike McGlinchey, or Jaguars Jawann Taylor, and that starting price will be $15 million annually a year. (link)
- Not Bears related, but Aaron Rodgers still hasn’t let the Packers or Jets know what his plans are.
- Cleveland center Ethan Pocic is expected to re-sign with them. (link)
- The Bears, Browns, and some other teams are interested in defensive tackle Dre’Mont Jones. (link/link)
- The Cleveland Browns are interested in Bears linebacker Nicholas Morrow. (link)
- ESPN is reporting that the Bears would like to re-sign running back David Mongtomery, but he’ll test free agency first. This sounds like he wants to gauge his market before deciding what to do.
If you guys see any interesting rumors or reports, be sure to bring them up in the comment section, but please DO NOT share bogus rumors from random Twitter accounts that make stuff up for likes and shares.
The deadline for teams to exclusively negotiate and re-sign their own free agents is today at 11:00 a.m. (CT), so once that passes, here are all the Chicago players that can now legally negotiate with other teams.
Chicago Bears Free Agents
David Montgomery, RB
Nathan Peterman, QB
Tim Boyle, QB
Dakota Dozier, OL
Riley Reiff, OL
Michael Schofield, OL
Ryan Griffin, TE
Trevon Wesco, TE
N’Keal Harry, WR
Dante Pettis, WR
Byron Pringle, WR
Angelo Blackson, DL
Armon Watts, DL
Mike Pennel, DL
DeAndre Houston-Carson, S
Dane Cruikshank, S
Matthew Adams, LB
Nicholas Morrow, LB
Joe Thomas, LB
Elijah Lee, LB
Sam Mustipher, C (RFA)
Javin White, LB (RFA)
Darrynton Evans, RB (RFA)
Breon Borders, CB (RFA)
The deadline to submit qualifying offers to restricted free agents (RFAs) and exclusive rights free agents (ERFAs) is the start of the league year, when free agency opens on March 15 at 3:00 p.m. (CT).