It was an unexpected first day for the Chicago Bears, but it was also a productive one. The Bears picked up two new starting linebackers, 26-year-old T.J. Edwards and 24-year-old Tremaine Edmunds, a new starting defensive lineman, 28-year-old DeMarcus Walker, and a new starting offensive guard, 26-year-old Nate Davis.
There’s still plenty of work to do, but technically free agency hasn’t even started yet, so take a breath and enjoy the ride. Players can sign their deals officially on Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. (CT).
We’ll keep updating this tracker as the rumors and reports come in.
- We’ll fire up a new tracker that will double as our free agency story stream on Wednesday morning right here.
- The Bears will sign former Seahawks’ running back Travis Homer. (our story)
- Former 49ers EDGE Charles Omenihu is signing with the Kansas City Chiefs. (link)
- David Montgomery is signing with the Lions. (our story)
- The Bears are one of several teams interested in Detroit Lions running back Jamaal Williams. (link)
- Another DE is off the board as the Colts sign Samson Ebukam. (link)
- The Vikings are signing EDGE Marcus Davenport.
- The Falcons are re-signing right tackle Kaleb McGary.
- The 49ers are re-signing center Jake Brendel, who the Bears were rumored to have some interest in yesterday. (link)
- The Bears officially announced the Patrick Scales and Khari Blasingame contracts and that they tendered an offer to exclusive rights free agent Dieter Eiselen. (our story)
- There are now rumors the Jets are after another of Aaron Rodgers’ pals, WR Randall Cobb.
- With those two receivers off the board, a starting point for a Danrell Mooney extension could be coming into focus.
- Patriots WR Jakobi Meyers is signing with the Raiders. (link)
- Wide out Allen Lazard looks to be heading to the Jets. (link)
- Click here for all of yesterday’s tracker action!
If you guys see any interesting rumors or reports, be sure to bring them up in the comment section, but please DO NOT share bogus rumors from random Twitter accounts that make stuff up for likes and shares.
New Chicago Bears
Travis Homer, RB (our story)
DeMarcus Walker, DL (our story)
Nate Davis, OG (our story)
Tremaine Edmunds, LB (our story)
T.J. Edwards, LB (our story)
D.J. Moore, WR (via trade)
Andrew Brown, DL
Josh Blackwell, CB
Khari Blasingame, FB
Patrick Scales, LS
Dieter Eiselen, OL
Chicago Free Agents
David Montgomery, RB - Signed with the Lions (our story)
Nathan Peterman, QB
Tim Boyle, QB
Dakota Dozier, OL
Riley Reiff, OL
Michael Schofield, OL
Ryan Griffin, TE
Trevon Wesco, TE
N’Keal Harry, WR
Dante Pettis, WR
Byron Pringle, WR
Angelo Blackson, DL
Armon Watts, DL
Mike Pennel, DL
DeAndre Houston-Carson, S
Dane Cruikshank, S
Matthew Adams, LB
Nicholas Morrow, LB
Joe Thomas, LB
Elijah Lee, LB
Sam Mustipher, C (RFA)
Javin White, LB (RFA)
Darrynton Evans, RB (RFA)
Breon Borders, CB (RFA)
The deadline to submit qualifying offers to restricted free agents (RFAs) and exclusive rights free agents (ERFAs) is the start of the league year, when free agency opens on March 15 at 3:00 p.m. (CT).