The Chicago Bears may not sign as many undrafted free agents as last year, but they’ll still be very active in the UDFA market. With the 2023 NFL Draft nearly over, teams will try to finalize deals with players that weren’t selected, but keep in mind that nothing is official until the player signs a contract with their new team. Agents and players often jump the gun on social media, and there isn’t always a distinction between players singing a UDFA deal and players agreeing to attend a team’s rookie minicamp.
The Bears’ rookie minicamp, by the way, is next weekend on May 5 and 6.
We’ll keep track of anything we see or hear in the next couple of days, and once the Bears announce their 2023 UDFA class, we’ll pass that along.
These UDFAs are reported to have signed
- Deshun Kitchings, WR, Newberry (link)
- Damien Caffrey, TE, Stoney Brook (link)
- Aron Cruickshank, WR, Rutgers (link)
- Bobby Haskins, OT, USC (link)
- Nicholas Amoah, OL, University of California, Davis (link)
- Thyrick Pitts Jr., WR, Delaware (link)
- Lorenz Metz, OL, Cincinnati (link)
- Justin Broiles, DB, Oklahoma (link) (Scouting report)
- Jalen Harris, DE, Arizona (link) (Scouting report)
- Gabe Houy, OL Pitt (link) (Scouting report)
- De’Jahn Warren, DB, Jackson State (link)
- Macon Clark, S, Tulane (link)
- Tyson Bagent, QB, Shepherd (link)
- Andre Szmyt, K, Syracuse (link)
- Micah Baskerville, LB, LSU (link)
- Robert Burns, RB, Connecticut (link)
- Callahan O’Reilly, LB, Montana State (link)
Some of the players listed as UDFA signees may only be try-out invitees, so stay tuned for the official announcement from the Bears.
Rookie Camp Invites
- Destin Talbert, DB, NDSU (link)
- Chris Kolarevic, LB, Nebraska (link)
- Andrew Clair, RB, Northwestern (link)
- Chris Toth, OT, Aurora (link)
- Josh Lugg, OL, Notre Dame (link)
- N’Kosi Perry, QB, FAU (link)
- Sammy Wheeler, TE/LS, Kansas State (link)
- Todd Simmons Jr., WR, Dubuque (link)
- Tre Wortham, CB, Connecticut (link)
- Bralen Trahan, DB, Lousianna (link)
- Dominic Quewon, LB, Southern Miss (link)
- D’Jordan Strong, DB, Coastal Carolina (link)
- Danny Kittner, WR, University of Mary (link)
- Jadan Blue, WR, Virginia Tech (link)
- Desmond Bessent, OL, University of Buffalo (link) (Scouting report)
- De’Anthony Jones, EDGE, Houston (link) (SB Nation)
- Donny Navarro, WR, Northwestern (link)
This a reminder that none of these have been confirmed by the Bears.
If you like what the Bears did in the draft, then check out the latest odds from our partners at DraftKings Sportsbook to see what their futures are for Chicago.
For an extra set of eyes on Chicago’s UDFA market tracker, Aaron Leming always keeps a Google Doc for this too.