The Chicago Bears closed out the preseason with a 24 to 21 loss to the Buffalo Bills, but they need to quickly turn the page and get things in order for cut-down day on August 29. Jeff Berckes and I will spend a little time diving back into the game, but we’ll also take a big-picture look at where the Bears are as they ready themselves for week one against the Green Bay Packers.
Join us in the video embed below or head over to our 2nd City Gridiron YouTube channel at 2:00 p.m. CT, where we'll answer your questions after the show!
Here's our usual bullet point outline of Bear & Balanced.
- Intro: We'll both share some general thoughts about the game.
- Trench Tribute: This is our weekly pick for lineman of the game.
- Sweet Tweets: We're both active on social media — so be sure you're all following us at @gridironborn & @wiltfongjr — and we highlight one Twitter interaction or Tweet each week.
- Caught up in a numbers game: This segment has us featuring one number/statistic that we found interesting from the game.
- The Fields Report: We look at the play from Justin Fields in this weekly segment.
- The 3 Bears: You all know the story of the Three Bears, so in this porridge-themed portion of the show, we give our picks for the Bear that was hot, the Bear that was cold, and the Bear that was just right in the game against the Bills.
Check out the video version here.
2nd City Gridiron is our video home, so hit the link to subscribe and help us grow that brand!
You can also listen to the podcast version here or download it wherever you get your pods:
The WCG Podcast Channel is available anywhere you get your Podcasts, including platforms such as Apple, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Audacy, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Podbean, Audible, TuneIn, and so many more!