There was no double-digit fourth-quarter lead to blow this week as the Green Bay Packers beat the Chicago Bears 17 to 9. It was the lowest-scoring output from Chicago since October 13, 2022, and the tenth straight win by Green Bay in this one-sided rivalry.
Chicago’s defense only gave up 17 points, but the Packers had their way with Matt Eberflus’ D all afternoon, and the Bears offense couldn’t sustain a thing. It was about as dominating a win that we’ve seen all year, and we’ve yet to get any clarification from Bears brass about the coaching staff.
Check out Jeff Berckes and Lester Wiltfong on a new Bear & Balanced here, or come hang out with us live on 2nd City Gridiron at 6:00 p.m. (CT).
Here's our usual bullet point outline of Bear & Balanced.
- Intro: We'll both share some general thoughts about the game.
- Trench Tribute: This is our weekly pick for lineman of the game.
- Sweet Tweets: We're both active on social media — so be sure you're all following us at @gridironborn & @wiltfongjr — and we highlight one Twitter interaction/Tweet each week.
- Caught up in a numbers game: This segment features one number/statistic from the game that we found interesting.
- The Fields Report: We talk about quarterback Justin Fields before we take our commercial break.
- The 3 Bears: You all know the story of the Three Bears, so in this porridge-themed portion of the show, we give our picks for the Bear that was hot, the Bear that was cold, and the Bear that was just right in the game against the Packers.
After we wrap up the podcast portion of the show, we'll stick around to answer any questions you guys may have from the YouTube comment section in some video-exclusive content.
You can also listen to the podcast version here or download it wherever you get your pods:
The WCG Podcast Channel is available anywhere you get your Podcasts, including platforms such as Apple, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Audacy, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Podbean, Audible, TuneIn, and many more!
2nd City Gridiron is our video home, so hit the link to subscribe and turn those notifications on so you never miss when we go LIVE!